LAST UPDATED: January 12, 2023
Your privacy is important to us. Although our ability to provide certain service requires that we collect Personal Information about our users, we take measures to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information. We are committed to undertaking reasonable measures to protect the privacy, accuracy, reliability and security of all of the Personal Information that is provided to us and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please read the following description of our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information.
A. Personal Information
Our Services have various features and services. All of these features and services are available to all those that have registered with our Services.
B. Collection, Use and Disclosure Practices
Wherever possible, we will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected at or before the time the Personal Information is collected.
We may use Personal Information for the purpose for which it was provided and for certain other activities, which are reasonably ancillary to such purpose. For example, if you send us an e-mail with a question or comment, we will use your e-mail address to respond to you. Further, we may store your e-mail and e-mail address and a copy of our response for future reference. We may request Personal Information from you such as name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, age, income, interests and gender for purposes such as newsletter, chat room, contest and auction registration, and for participation in other interactive online activities as well as to enable us to market various goods and services to you.
We may also collect Personal Information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our operations, including for example:
- to enable you to register and access an account with us;
- to obtain and process payments for the products and services that we provide to you;
- to be able to review the goods and services that we provide to you so that we may: (i)understand your requirements for our goods and services; and (ii) work to improve our goods and services;
- to protect Tokyo Smoke against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
We also may use Personal Information provided to us to better understand your needs and preferences; to provide to you information about our future events and other items that we believe you may be interested in; to recommend particular products and services; and to market various goods and services.
Please note that our video surveillance systems may collect your Personal Information when you attend our retail and other locations. Such collection is done:
- to facilitate a safe and secure environment;
- to support a response to an observed or reported incident;
- to protect Tokyo Smoke against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property (e.g. by integrating point-of-sale transactional data with videos taken at the time of transactions); and
- to enable us to comply with applicable law.
We may share information with current or future “affiliates”, a term that includes our parent and subsidiary companies, joint venture partners, registered charities operated by us or other companies we control, are controlled by, or with which we are under common control.
If you have given us your express consent, from time to time we may share your Personal Information with other businesses, marketing partners and advertisers. We will only share such information with these third parties whose policies regarding Personal Information are consistent with our privacy policies and where we have your express consent to do so.
We may analyse Personal Information and other data in order to enhance our Services.
We may also use and disclose Personal Information that is relevant to a legal proceeding or as permitted or required by law.
C. Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure
We respect the right of each person to control how his or her Personal Information is used. If, for example you do not want us to collect your Personal Information, you may, in some circumstances be able to opt out at the time the Personal Information is collected. If, for example you do not want us to provide your Personal Information to our affiliates, or if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may, in some circumstances not provide your consent for such activities at the time the Personal Information is collected. Understand that you can also withdraw your consent at a later date, unless legal requirements prevent this or give us particular directions regarding your Personal Information. To do so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may make the following choices regarding your Personal Information:
- Unsubscribe. You may opt-out of receiving future promotional email communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of the promotional email communication and updating your preferences. Additionally, you may identify specific email publications about our Services which you would like to receive by our websites. Please note that we may continue to send you transactional or service-related emails regarding your account.
- SMS and MMS. You may opt out of receiving promotional SMS and MMS messages (e.g., text messages) from us by replying “STOP” to any message, which is free of charge. Please note that we may respond to your opt-out request with a message confirming that you have successfully opted out.
- Permanently Delete Information. You may request to have your Personal Information personally deleted at any time, under certain conditions. To exercise this option, please contact email@example.com
D. Limiting Collection
E. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
F. Security Safeguards
Only authorized employees and agents of ours who need access to your Personal Information in the course of their duties will have access to the information. We have security measures in place against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, loss or destruction of Personal Information under our control. These measures may include technological, physical and organizational methods of security. However, due to the nature of the Internet and the limits of technology we cannot guarantee that these security measures will not be breached in all circumstances. In the event of a security breach, we will comply with all applicable laws to notify you about the breach so that you can take protective steps.
Our Services which collect payment information online use industry-standard encryption technology to protect the security of your credit-card information.
G. Access to your Personal Information
Upon request, you have the right to confirm whether or not we maintain or control any Personal Information relating to you and whether such Personal Information has been used or disclosed by us. You also have the right, upon request, to access such Personal Information and to request correction of any erroneous or out-of-date Personal Information about you. In some limited circumstances as prescribed by law, we may not be able to grant you access to your information.
We pledge to investigate any complaint you may have regarding our use of Personal Information and to comply fully with the legal or regulatory supervisory authorities responsible for enforcing our adherence to the privacy principles stated above.
H. Children’s Privacy Statement (Users Under 13 Years Old)
In general, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 19 via our Services, we do not have any youth-focused activities in our Services, and we use age screening mechanisms to help prevent children from posting data on our Services.
I. Third Party Links
K. Contact Us
If you have any comments or questions about our privacy or security practices or about your Personal Information in our control, including its accuracy or integrity, or if you wish to change your preferences as to how we use and disclose your Personal Information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us in writing at 590 King St W, Suite 400, Toronto, ON M5V 1M3.